Saturday, August 30, 2014

My Top Ten Favorite Movies

1. Forrest Gump. Tom Hanks portrayal of Forrest is heart-warming. How can you not love that character?

2. Finding Nemo. The under-lying relation to real life situations and issues, with of course obvious comedy.

3. A League of Their Own. The relationship between Dottie and Kit, and how it evolves throughout the movie.

4. Mrs. Doubtfire. Pretty much the sheer fact that you get to see the lovely Robin Williams play a hilariously sassy old woman.

5. Anchorman. I loved Will Ferrells take on 'Ron Burgundy', how he thought he was ALWAYS right, even when he was talking out of his butt. His relationship with his dog, Baxter, is hilarious as well.

6. ELF. I love the sweet childish humor in this movie.

7. Fault in our stars. The obvious chemistry between Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort make the story so personal and so sweet. With the occasional funny moments, that made it that much better.

8. Zoolander. I love it's sarcastic sometimes hard to catch humor, makes you think twice. Oh and blue steel of course.

9. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.  I love that this whole movie series is about a kid outsmarting a couple of evil 'mastermind' criminals. I also do find the slapstick pretty funny. I choose this installment of the series because of the beauty of the city of New York is showcased in the background throughout the movie.

10. A Christmas Story. I love the movies take on the odd adventures of the holidays that we all have experienced in some way.


Sarah Amend

No comments:

Post a Comment